QAFCO Jobs | QAFCO Qatar Careers and Recruitment 2023
Let’s explore here the latest QAFCO Jobs. Are you looking for exciting QAFCO Careers?. Here we have shared with you the latest QAFCO Recruitment 2023 news. QAFCO was founded in 1969 as a joint venture between the Government of Qatar and a number of foreign shareholders.
The country’s first large-scale venture in the petrochemical sector, QAFCO was established with a view to diversify the economy and utilize the nation’s enormous gas reserve. After successfully implementing several expansion projects over the past three decades, the Company has evolved into a world-class fertilizer producer.
- 1 QAFCO Careers Qatar 2023
- 1.1 Qatar Fertilizer Company Careers Details
- 1.2 List of QAFCO Jobs 2023 – Apply Now
- 1.2.1 Maintenance Manager
- 1.2.2 Head of Risk Management
- 1.2.3 Process Safety Engineer
- 1.2.4 How to Apply for QAFCO Careers?
- 1.2.5 Latest Jobs in Qatar
- 1.2.6 Qatar Energy Jobs
- 1.2.7 Walk in Interview in Qatar
- 1.2.8 Latest Gulf Jobs
- 1.2.9 Oil and Gas Jobs
- 1.2.10 Qatar Government Jobs
- 1.2.11 Follow us on LinkedIn
- 1.2.12 Join Our Telegram Channel
QAFCO Careers Qatar 2023
Apply for QAFCO jobs from the below list which we have updated on our website. QAFCO is now owned 75% by Industries Qatar (IQ) and 25% by Yara Netherland. With a sizable annual production capacity of 3.8 million MT of ammonia and 5.6 million MT of urea, QAFCO is now the world’s largest single-site producer of ammonia & urea and thereby made Qatar the world’s fourth-largest urea producer. This enabled Qatar to be a key player in the global fertilizer market and the largest exporter of urea in the world with about a 15% share of the world urea supply.
Qatar Fertilizer Company Careers Details
• Company/Organization: QAFCO (Qatar Fertiliser Company)
• Job Location: Qatar
• Nationality: Any
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree/Diploma/High School
• Salary: Not Disclosed
List of QAFCO Jobs 2023 – Apply Now
This role is responsible for directing, managing and leading multi-disciplined maintenance engineering functions (Mechanical, Instrument, Automation, Electrical, Rotating Machinery, Turnaround & Maintenance Planning) to ensure that preventive, reactive and predictive maintenance operations are carried out in an efficient and systematic manner to support the on-going operations of a large multi-site production facilities consisting of six Urea plants, six Ammonia plants, Melamine plant, Utilities & Power Generation plants and two UFC plants and meeting the company’s goals and objectives. The role-holder is required to promote, follow and ensure fulfilment of the relevant requirements of the company’s Occupational Health & Safety, Environment and Quality system and standards.
- Plan, direct, lead, report and manage the activities of the department to ensure that budgets and R&A plans are met through the optimisation and efficient utilisation of available manpower and working hours and that staff are motivated to realise potential and make significant contributions.
- Ensure that the relevant disciplines follow valid standards, technical requirements and good engineering practices to ensure that maintenance activities are executed in line with agreed specifications.
- Develop and formulate long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Manage, Plan and monitor engineering activities / projects within their area of work to ensure that these are carried out with sound engineering and project management principles and practices.
- Approve and maintain modern and good standards on engineering practice in the department and verify the technical standard of the plants are according to requirements.
- Liaise closely with other departments for the smooth execution of the activities related to services required for carrying out the maintenance operations.
- Liaise closely with Departments within Operations Division for the smooth execution of the related activities, as and when required.
- Establish maintenance and expenditure budgets.
- Keep the Senior Management informed on the developments within the Maintenance Department.
- Liaise with Suppliers of production equipment, spare parts, technical services etc.
- Motivate, develop and appraise performance of employees under area of responsibility in order to achieve improved performance and individual contribution. Plan and participate in the development of nationals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering background.
- Minimum 15 years of direct/ relevant experience including 5 years at senior level (i.e., 5 years post qualification experience) in Fertilizer, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas or Process Plants.
Head of Risk Management
The job holder will be responsible for the management of risk to the organization, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
The job holder will develop and administer risk management programs for Qatar Fertiliser Company in relation to any kind of risk to which it is exposed, i.e. enterprise, governance, regulatory, operational, information, security, technology, market and credit risk. Create and modify policies to comply with legislation and industry practices.
The job holder must ensure QAFCO, its customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders is safeguarded against risk by identifying and managing material threats to the achievement of its business objectives.
- Establishes, maintains and communicates the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management framework, objectives and direction.
- Oversees all aspects of the Qatar Fertiliser Company risk management function
- Recommends risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits to Executive Management.
- Designs, communicates and facilitates the use of appropriate Enterprise Risk Management methodologies, tools and techniques across the organization.
- Controls enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks across the organization.
- Oversees, and in some areas implements, the planning of risk control actions for the organization’s critical risks.
- Provide guidance, coordination and subject matter expertise to business functions to ensure the implementation of the agreed risk management strategy.
- Works with all functional groups to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
- Implements appropriate risk reporting to the Executive Management and Board.
- Ensure effective alignment between the Enterprise Risk Management process, insurance program, internal audit and risk financing.
- Conduct annual evaluations of the effectiveness of the Risk Management program and develop/modify goals as indicated.
- Ensure that the corporate insurance programs are fully aligned with the company’s Enterprise Risk Management strategy.
- Support Operations in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental risk management systems and activities.
- Manage relationships with external consultants and supervise work programs.
Risk Policies and Procedures
- Review, communicate and recommend the development of risk policies and procedures in partnership with Executive Management to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and oversight of risk management frameworks.
- Formulate risk management policies, procedures and standards in conjunction with Executive Management.
- Provide formal and informal feedback along with the performance appraisal in order to maximize performance.
- Provide guidance and direction to the section during the performance management process.
Budget & Cost Control
- Responsible for the preparation of Department budget and monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs / revenues.
- Exercises financial authority within established limits and controls departmental budget expenditure. Set up the milestone plans and steps to milestones.
- Develops standard procedures to manage and maintain business operational and financial objectives.
- The job holder must have good Relationship Management – good people skills with the ability to develop respect and trust with team members, both within the company and with partners and to help cultivate an environment of team work.
- The job holder should be proactive in identifying business issues and finding innovative solutions. Work is performed in a structured working environment where clear reporting relationships are established. The work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Develops Qatarization plans to assist qualified Qatari Nationals to occupy potential vacancies so as to adhere to stipulated Qatarization targets.
- The ideal candidate should posses Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management or Engineering.
- 10- 15 years of direct experience in the similar role preferably within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, and Fertilizer Industry.
Process Safety Engineer
Role holder will assist Head of Safety in implementing Process Safety Management System in the organization. The incumbent will be a key member of the Process Safety team and will interface with the appropriate operations and technical teams to support in conducting the Process Safety Risk studies for Projects and existing operations facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies including but not limited to Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Major Hazard Analysis /Direct Hazard Analysis (MHA/DHA), Dispersion Studies and Safety Cases Studies. The role holder will comply with all relevant QAFCO Management System procedures in respect to Health, Quality, Safety and Environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Promote and comply with QAFCO’s Occupational Health & Safety, Environment, Quality, Responsible Care Management Systems & Product Stewardship, PSM requirements.
- Assist Head of Safety in developing various documents and implementing activities related to monitoring and following-up Process Safety Management system.
- Develop the Company Process Safety Specifications and Standards to be used in all projects and assets operations.
- Partner with operational and technical resources to ensure compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements.
- Follow valid standards, technical requirements and good engineering practices to ensure that operations and projects are executed in line with agreed process safety specifications.
- Lead company-wide network to develop and update process safety related requirements and procedures
- Establish and track goals and measures for PHA program improvement and drive process safety corrective actions to closure
- Provide, when required, specifications for the procurement of equipment and services. Conduct evaluation of bids and recommend preferred suppliers to ensure meeting optimum process safety requirements.
- Coordinate the activities within Process Safety group.
- Lead and coordinate different campaigns to promote Process Safety within the company.
- Generating and reviewing Process Safety Management weekly and monthly reports.
- Carrying out analysis, preparation and reviewing of reports on various Process Safety activities and provide recommendation, when required.
- Participate in developing, implementing and facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies like HAZOP, SIL, QRA, LOPA, FMEA, MHA/DHA, safety cases and Dispersion Studies.
- Plans work activities, and coordinates with various operations and project teams to ensure safety activities are achieved within the set time schedules, specification and cost.
- Lead and/or participate in all process safety incidents. Ensure that incidents root causes are identified and action plans and lessons learnt are established and communicated within the organization to avoid incident reoccurrence.
- Champions process safety knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Provide the necessary guidance to the Operations and Project teams in the field of Process Safety.
- Enhance the knowledge and ability to perform safety analysis with all the engineers of all disciplines.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (most importantly, leading indicators) to track the progress of PSM on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Evaluate new processes and modify existing processes and facilities to meet new requirements.
- Keep informed of technological developments and best practices in the area of responsibility in order to update knowledge, identify and recommend opportunities for increased effectiveness and/or cost reduction.
- Communicate external process safety events and share best practices identified within the company.
- Review process-related hazards and hazardous events as identified in related studies.
- Identify new process hazards associated with scope or design changes, and detail all the ways in which a hazardous event could occur.
- Establish consistent approach to Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Risk Management Program studies
- Develop knowledge to concerned personnel about PHA approach to grow process safety skills and knowledge across the organization
- Assist leaders to identify methods to ensure that the elements of PHA are integrated into the culture.
- Partner with leaders to develop short and long-term process safety objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize action plans and mitigate risks.
- Participate in the development of practical recommendations for process changes to mitigate, control, or eliminate process-related hazards and meet process related risk reduction objectives.
- Participate in the development of Safety Awareness Program that identifies at-risk employees and works to improve their safety awareness through pro-active safety based tasks.
- Works with concerned team to conduct the PHA, prepares for the study, advise on the selection of team members and methodology and the definition of study scope.
- Follow up and control implementation of recommended safety measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering obtained through full time study.
- Certifications, such as NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, Process Safety Management, Incident Investigations & Root Cause Analysis, Process Hazard Analysis are desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years proven successful experience in a similar position with extensive in Process Safety field within Fertilizer, Petrochemicals or Oil & Gas industry.
- Should have excellent supervisory skills.
- Should have knowledgeable about codes, standards and recommended practices for Process Safety Management
- Should have good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards, Attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good analytical skills, and practical use of engineering principles.
How to Apply for QAFCO Careers?
Please apply QAFCO Jobs vacancy from the above list. Click on the above Job title related to your designation. You will redirect to the official QAFCO careers site.
Apply for more jobs
- QAFCO Jobs | QAFCO Qatar Careers and Recruitment 2023
- Parker Wellbore Jobs & Careers USA-UAE-Canada-KSA-Iraq-UK-India 2023
- Saudi Aramco Jobs – 300 Job Vacancies Saudi Arabia
- ConocoPhillips Careers | ConocoPhillips Jobs USA-Canada-Australia-UK-Norway 2023
- Ampol Job Vacancies Australia & Singapore | Oil & Gas Careers 2023