Renewable energies increases employment by 18% over last year in the world
“Renewable energies are claiming their role of major global employer, generating great economic and social benefits around the world,”. “This increase is due in part to the decrease in costs of renewable technology, creating more jobs in tasks such as installation, operations and maintenance. We expect this upward trend to continue as the commercial importance of these energies is consolidated “.
More and more jobs are created in Asia, where there are five of the ten countries with the largest number of jobs in renewable: China, India, Indonesia, Japan and Bangladesh.
Ten countries with the largest number of jobs in the renewable sector are China, Brazil, United States, India, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, France, Bangladesh and Colombia. The photovoltaic industry is the main employer in the sector worldwide with 2.5 million jobs, followed by liquid biofuels with 1.8 million jobs and wind energy, which exceeded for the first time this year one million jobs.
The increase in employment extends throughout the area of renewable and both solar and wind energy, such as biofuels, biomass, biogas and small-scale hydro power have experienced an increase in the number of jobs.
209,001 Jobs in ENERGY SECTOR – Click the button below to unlock the APPLY NOW[sociallocker id=”1449″]
Apply Now jobs in Energy Sector[/sociallocker] “If we invest in renewable and its multiple economic, environmental and social benefits, employment in the sector will continue to grow,” said Adnan Z. Amin. “According to studies by Irena, if the share of renewable energies in the global mix of energy sources by 2030 were doubled, more than 16 million jobs worldwide would be created.”
- Dana Holding Corporation Job Opportunities worldwide
- Kellogg’s Company Needs Staff – Kellogg Jobs Opportunities
- American Standard offers Career Opportunities
- 6998 Vacancies Open in oil, Gas and Energy worldwide
- 22789 Vacancies Open in UAE Dubai
- 1715 Vacancies in Flextronics Company
- First Data Company Needs Staff – Jobs
- 6786 Jobs in Saudia Arabia
- The energy sector Solar PV is the main employer in the renewable industry with 2.5 million jobs worldwide, up from 2.3 million last count.
- Employment in the wind sector surpassed the one million jobs, compared with 834,000 the last count.
- Liquid biofuels (about 1.8 million versus 1.45 million), modern biomass (822,000 vs. 782,000) and biogas (381,000 versus 264,000) are also major employers, with most concentrated positions work in the supply of raw materials.
- China is the world’s largest industry employer with 3.4 million jobs. It is also the world leader in employment in the field of solar PV, wind power, solar heating and cooling, hydro power large- and small-scale biomass and biogas.
- Brazil is the largest employer in the biofuel sector with 845,000 jobs. His wind industry is also developing rapidly with an increase of 12% in the number of jobs, compared to the last count, reaching 35,800. The capacity of its wind power has passed 1 GW in 2010 to nearly 6 GW in 2014 and could reach 16.5 GW in 2019.
- In the US, total employment in the solar energy sector grew by 22%, from 142700-173800. In the wind energy sector, jobs increased by 43% over the last count, reaching 73,000. The data also show that women’s employment in the solar industry is booming, from 26700-37500.
- In India, if the government meets its target of installing 100 GW of solar PV and 60 GW of wind power, more than a million jobs between now and 2022 will be generated.
- Germany continues to lead the sector employer in Europe with 371 400 jobs. His capacity for wind power increased by 5.3 GW in 2014, the second highest growth after China.
- France witnessed job losses of 4% since the last count, but remains at the forefront of Europe in terms of employment in the field of biomass, geothermal heat pumps and biofuels.