One thing is constant for all models of curriculum , and it always collected:
• Personal data
• Academic Background
• Professional experience
As additional information , the curriculum may include:
• Training skills
• Professional objectives and other data of interest
Personal data may appear spearheading the document or at the end. If you have extensive professional experience, it is best detail it first. Otherwise, it is better to translate academic first and then work experience data.
This section should include the following information : Name, Address (with postal code) Contact telephone (fixed and mobile), E-mail, date and place of birth, marital status.
Good to know that not all countries these data are measured. For example, in the United States no personal data that could be discriminatory when choosing the position (sex, age, race, marital status …) are included.
This section can be divided into two parts:
a) Training Officer ( official races , titles FP , graduate programs ).
b) Complementary courses ( vocational training , courses and seminars , etc.).
Both parties must include the following information: Name Title, School Name, Date on which the studies (start and end), duration were conducted.
In the section on academic data is advisable to start by the formation of most interest to note , such as college, postgraduate courses or similar, normally correspond with my goal.
Professional experience is fundamental. The development of this section and choose the model vary the path of each candidate . Whatever the model chosen, it is essential to include: Company Name, Job Title, Duration in the position (start and end), Department where labor activity took place, brief description of the most important functions. You can also include a section of references, where the name of a professional company that can account for our profile indicated
Student CV and / or candidate with little or no experience
Candidates who do not have extensive professional experience, must choose the model reverse chronological CV , that is, start with the most recent experiences.
Importantly, if practices were conducted during the studies , as they are considered professional experience and is one of the most valued by those responsible for Human Resources. Also include any information on volunteer work and participation in student organizations.
If the chronological or reverse chronological model is chosen, it is worth emphasizing professional development highlighting the position, the activities and achievements.
The best way to highlight the career is choosing the functional model , where the roles and responsibilities acquired in previous works are highlighted.
With regard to languages, it should be noted: Name of the center or language school, Years of study invested in training, obtained Certificates / Level Domain, Stays abroad dedicated to the study of languages.
In general, the level of language knowledge is measured on the following scale :
• Low level : conversation about basic topics, use the tenses of past, present and future in simple sentences. No fluently and make many mistakes, both in pronunciation and writing.
• Intermediate level : You can have a conversation about common themes, but with little fluidity. Use and recognizes tenses but makes mistakes. Although his vocabulary is limited, you can read texts of medium complexity.
• High level : communicates fluently and makes few mistakes. You can talk about abstract topics such as emotions and defended in a variety of contexts, although not know the specific vocabulary. He is able to express in writing on various topics, with a correct argument of his ideas.
• Bilingual Level : relates fluent in any context, both speaking and writing. You can translate easily.
If you want to make more specific about your language skills information , use the following assessment, with a corresponding level domain (Read, Spoken, Written, translation).
If your language skills are low, both spoken and written and read, it is preferable not to include in your resume, because rather than add value could be a negative factor for highlighting your professional profile.
In computing the corresponding section is desirable to specify: Application Name / programming language, level of knowledge, certificates or diplomas certifying your training in the computer area.
Generally, the level of computer literacy is measured by this scale: User, Advanced, Professional, Expert.
The computer skills are divided into areas or families of applications:
• Office ( Word processors , spreadsheets , Internet services , email , etc.).
• Databases ( Access , Oracle , SQL Server , datawarehouse , MySQL , etc.).
• Communications ( Internet , Networking , Router , TCP / IP networks , VoIP , Wireless , etc.).
• Design ( DTP , Flash , HTML 5 , Frontpage , CAD , Dreamweaver , CSS , Freehand , 3D Studio , Photoshop , Corel Draw , Illustrator , QuarkXpress , InDesign , etc. ).
• Management Tools ( SAP , C ontaplus , Facturaplus , Nominaplus , CRM , GIS , e-commerce , etc.).
• Programming languages ( ASP / .NET , Java , C / C ++ , J2EE , HTML , Visual Basic , XML , etc.).
• Integrated Packages ( Lotus , Microsoft Office , MS Project , etc.).
• Operating Systems ( Linux , Macintosh , UNIX , Windows , Android , IOS , Open BSD , etc.).
Finally, it is interesting to include a paragraph at the beginning or end of the document, which express your professional and personal goals . In Anglo-Saxon countries is an essential section of every functional curriculum.
And remember that the professional objective should refer to the job to which you want to apply. It makes no sense to say that our career goal is to work in the communication of the company when the position you chose is commercial.